When Costs Matter
When costs are your main concern and time is not a primary factor, try our sea freight services.
Canavara Expedition successfully organizes export and import goods transportation in cooperation with the largest ship owners and sea agents with years of experience. Sea or ocean freight is generally done using shipping containers. You can choose between FCL (full container) and LCL (less than container) loads.
The Canavara Expedition team has a wide experience dealing with Shipping Lines and Freight Agencies for sea transport, offering flexible and diversified solutions.
• Regular shipments with the best transit time at a low cost
• Providing competitive rates quickly.
• Solid relationship with sea carriers , making it easy to negotiate special situations, reefer equipments and oversize cargoes
• Clear, objective and flexible follow up system, according to customer´s needs
• Online follow up with overseas agents, offering a quick and precise service
• Quicker issuing of documents
In ocean freight shipping, goods are packed in shipping containers, the freight forwarder books the space or container with the ship agent, cargo is trucked to the shipping vessel at the port of origin and shipped overseas to the importer at the port of destination. The itinerary may be done from port-to-port, door-to-port, port-to-door or door-to-door, and can include truck pick up and or delivery.
FCL or LCL for your ocean freight
FCL (Full Container)
FCL shipping is a type of ocean freight and the term FCL refers to full container load. Shipping FCL does not mean you need to have enough cargo to fill an entire container you may ship a partially filled container as FCL.
Benefits of shipping FCL
- You are paying for the entire container, so a half-filled or full container is the same price.
- If you are inspected, it is only your cargo being inspected.
- Other cargo will not damage your cargo.
- here is no stand-by time until the container is fully filled.
- Whether you are using LCL or FCL, all cargo should be palletized or boxed depending on the goods being shipped.
LCL or Groupage (Share a Container)
When shipping LCL, cargo is consolidated with other shippers’ goods to fill a container. The price of your shipment is determined based on volume and weight.
Drawbacks of shipping LCL
- There could be a delay due to the stand-by time consumed to fill the container.
- Other shipments inside the container might be inspected by customs thereby delaying your shipment.
- Other cargo inside the container could contaminate or damage your cargo.