Logistics outsourcing involves a relationship between a company and an LSP (logistic service provider), which, compared with basic logistics services, has more customized offerings, encompasses a broad number of service activities, is characterized by a long-term orientation, and thus has a strategic nature.
There are a number of different modes of transportation in the logistics industry, each having its own merits and disadvantages. From road, railway, marine, and air transportation, the method that you select depends on a few factors. For example, industries that need to transport heavy products opt for railway transportation along with road and Maritime transportation. These methods have the ability to accommodate heavier products, making them the ideal choice over air transportation.
- Transportation via Roadways: This is one of the most common modes of transportation used by almost every logistics firm across the world. The reason behind this being the accessibility of roadways even in the most remote and smallest of town. Usually, transportation via roadways is done with the help of trucks and Lorries.
- Transportation via Waterways: When the amount and quantity of goods and services is very high, companies prefer waterways for transportation. Not only you can handle cargo from one country to another, but it is very cost effective as well because waterways is the cheapest means of transportation.
- Transportation via Railways: Railways is yet another important mode of transportation used in logistics. Apart from being able to handle the cargo from one place to another in a short period of time, railways are also used for handling cargo from a specific sea port to different parts of the country.
- Transportation via Airways: Undoubtedly, airways are the fastest means of transportation used in logistics . But on the other hand, it is very expensive and is used only for handling valuable and less heavy materials.
Here are some of the most important transportation modes used by Logistics Companies.
We take care of all the necessary documents for the transportation of your imported or exported goods from Europe to CIS countries and the other way around. Our competency in dealing with the customs formalities leads to minimizing the time that your cargo spends in the port or airport.
The following documents can be prepared by Canavara Expedition:
- Export declaration (EX A and EAD)
- Import declaration
If needed, we can find warehousing facilities around Europe according to your needs and requirements.